BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Exercise Schmexercise

Woooooooo! I continue to be amazed with myself.....last night the finale of "The Biggest Loser" was on, & once again I was motivated to get my big ol' butt onto the elliptical for a bit.....it's truly inspirational to see these people who were my size dwindle down to such small sizes......it makes me feel like maybe someday I too can dwindle down to a much smaller size.....now I admit, I am not looking to run a marathon or get as small as some of them, I just want to be back where I can be happy with myself.....I think it took Tara 9 months to get to her size (?), I'd be ecstatic if it only took 9 months for me.....what a wonderful way to begin 2010! I just wish I'd watched the show from the beginning & tried out some of the things they did =( This is why I was so excited to have my friend offer to be my personal trainer.....I am so disappointed about that not happening. But hey, at least I am doing something instead of nothing.....I recently had a convo with someone who claims there's no sense in exercising because there's nothing she can do about her jelly belly without plastic surgery anyways & keeps lecturing me on "making sure I don't go too fast or do too high a resistance on the elliptical" because "you don't want to bulk up under your fat"......oooooooooooookay, so I shouldn't even try to work harder to improve myself as things get easier for me? I shouldn't even try to challenge myself? I know some about weights/bulking up/etc might be true, but right now pushing myself out of my comfort zone & burning the most calories & seeing any kind of results is more my concern than whether I look like a bodybuilder! I've got a long way to go before that would happen anyways, trust me on that! I also think she's trying to sabotage me, because she's been trying to lose weight too & tries to play all innocent about it "oh I don't know how I'm losing so much" & "I don't know how I got into these size 10's, I haven't done anything".....how about how you don't eat & you smoke a million cigarettes a day?!?!?!? Could that have anything to do with it??? She knows losing weight is very difficult for me, & when I first told her I wanted to be serious about losing she was all "let's get together & exercise" & "you can come over anytime & we can workout", yet she's never available and she's trying to tell me not to workout as much?!?!?!? I know it's because she feels like she has one up on me as long as she's smaller & all.....she's more or less alluded to that before........but enough of the bitchfest, I need to commend myself on something fantastic! =)

Tuesday night's exercise: 75 minutes non-stop on res1, rate 35-40, 4242 steps, 525.8 calories burned!!!!!!!!!!

Tonight's exercise: 65 minutes non-stop on res1/res2, rate 25-42, 3765 steps, 500 calories burned!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Christa said...

you go girl! I would fall slam over if I went on that thing for 75 minutes. I mean FALL OVER! Who's you're friend and I'll set her straight. I want this for you almost as much as you want it, and I'm proud of you for doing it. You're better than me that's for sure.

Alison said...

Well, I did kind of fall into my recliner which is next to it LOL It's amazing what happened, I got to about 40 minutes or so & felt like I just couldn't go on, then all of a sudden it's like a dam broke & I felt lighter than air & like I could go forever....but Jerry was like "I need to go to bed girl!" (He was being my "motivator") The elliptical was my enemy for a long long time, but now I find it more fun to do than walking in the park (probably b/c I can watch TV & have a fan on me LOL)

The friend who lied about being my trainer is an old college friend, and I'd be happy for you to kick his butt! I should have known better b/c he used to be real annoying back then too =(

Sadly, the other person is related to me....and we have a very strange relationship to say the least, so it doesn't surprise me that she's non-supportive & lied about her intentions to "help" me, too....we have ALOT of issues with each other, mainly due to our a-hole of a "father"....so, yeah LOL Aren't ya glad you asked now? ;)

Anyhoo, THANKS for the encouragement....it's VERY much appreciated!! =)