BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Monday, May 11, 2009

Happenings

Yesterday the hubs was going to give me some alone time & take the kids to the park, but it was so nice out I just had to join them....I am glad I did because we got to do one of my favorite things, which is play catch/hit the baseball around....we took turns throwing to each other, hitting the ball, & chasing after it....a pretty good workout that lasted a couple of hours! I was a bit sore this morning & a slightly burnt, but that's okay....it's all worth it when doing something I love with people I love & having fun! I am not one for mush, so I'll skip the feelies, but just suffice it to say I am very grateful for my children & husband & can't wait to have more (children that is, not hubbies! LOL)

A wonderful example of why I'm grateful happened today....my family knows how much I desire to lose weight, & I was watching a show called "I Lost It!", which features different people who have lost ALOT of weight & how they did it....while watching it I decided to go ahead & do the elliptical....thinking I'd do my usual 35-40 min burn 300 cals blah blah blah....while the show was on, one of the girls was similar to me size/weight wise (& her name was even Alison!), so I was telling my boys "that's me" (as in that's my size, etc)....when I got to the 42 min mark, Garrett asked me how long I had been on for & I told him & that I was trying to make it to 45 min & burn about 350 calories....well, he says "I think you should go to 60 minutes" & I quickly told him there was no way I could do that & I'd try for 50....he asked me why not & I told him my hips & back were starting to ache & he said he still thought I could do it....well, 50 came & I said "how about 55, you think I could do that?", to which he replied again "I think you should go to 60 minutes"....I said "we'll see".....I got to 55 & he said alright try for 56, then 57, then 58, then 59......then next thing I know it has been 60 minutes & I was still alive!!! So, all in all 60.5 minutes on mix of res1/res2, 3340 steps, burning 451 calories!!!!! So, thanks to Garrett's encouragement, I was able to push well beyond my comfort zone & accomplish a goal I seriously thought was impossible! I am very very very grateful he was there, pushing me along, telling me I could do it when I myself did not believe it....maybe I should encourage him to become a personal trainer or something LOL ;)

2 comments:

Christa said...

he is such a sweet heart, now he needs to come to my house tomorrow and say, you can do 5 loads of laundry today...I ran out of detergent on Friday and forgot all weekend, so I have ALOT of catching up to do.
You're gonna be all hot and skinny about the time I'm as big as the broad side of a barn and saying please someone tell my child to come out already!!

Alison said...

I'll have him over about 4 o'clock ;) I don't know about hot n skinny, but it's nice to dream LOL I'll be glad to break the 2 mark by the end of the year! You know you'll be all cute & round, not barnlike girl! =)