BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Various Things

I haven't blogged in a while, so this post will cover a few things.....

1) Apparently I need a "gym quality" elliptical in order to use it daily & hardcore like I've been wanting....which SUCKS b/c I don't have the $ to get a "gym quality" one =( Sooooooo, for now I will have to go to plan "B"......which is

2) I got a fancy schmansy pedometer to count my steps/calories/distance walked/etc, & so far I have found I walk alot more steps in a day than I thought (which is good!), so YAY for that! We've been hitting the park almost daily, or at least every other day, & I've been trying to walk the whole time I'm there, even if it's pacing back & forth. It all depends on which kid(s) I have with me, how they are behaving, & if Jerry is there or not as to how/when/where I am able to walk. It makes me kind of wish I was a morning person so I could've been walking before getting the boys, but I am sooooooooo not.....that & Gabe is out of school now & Garrett is soon to be, so it wouldn't matter now anyways....

3) Walking outside sure is HOT....but for some reason I don't mind the heat when doing something productive like that....maybe it's because I can "zone out" & just walk & then it seems like it doesn't faze me so much....listening to motivating music sure does help, too! Sometimes it's even hard to keep to "just walking" because the beat hits real good....so I take off jogging....then I am quickly reminded of why I shouldn't run LOL Mainly support reasons, but I won't say of what ;)

4) All in all, I've been trying to do well with the exercise, but some days it's been real hard to keep to it....I know I feel soooooo much better when I've been very active, mentally, physically, & emotionally, then I go on a bend & when it's done I am soooooo mad at myself.....guess I really need to quit doing that, eh? I'm never going to get where I need to be if I don't, & I know it's going to feel so wonderful when I get there.......so I know I need to get myself in gear & JUST DO IT!!

5) Last but not least, I saw someone's blog the other day, about some "Secret"....from what I gather, it involves you envisioning what you want from your life, envisioning yourself already as you want to be (i.e. I want to be thin, so I'd envision myself already as such) & supposedly your believing things to be as you want them to be will in turn make them happen to/for you? I have been trying to envision myself as thin, & hope it works for me ;) OH, and I do know when I got pregnant with Brinley I knew I was going to be pregnant the month we conceived, before we even had a chance to conceive her, & I knew she was going to be a girl.....did I will myself into it? I don't think so, but it sure does score some points for the whole "believe it will happen & it will" philosophy! ;) Maybe now I should envision us as rich? LOL

2 comments:

April said...

I"m a huge believer in #5! After all the scriptures teach us to "Garnish our thoughts unceasingly". You do create an attraction to that which you think about. It's hard when you're struggling with things like debt, all you can think about is your debt. But I always try to 'count my blessings' and focus on that instead, and I could make a long list of things I have attracted because of expecting that it is already a part of my life. Good and bad things!

I love "The Secret" but it's a bit of a buzz chaser, it capitolized on common things most people would say "I have that problem too!" But you should check out Wayne Dyer on Youtube. He truly gets it.

Christa said...

you can totally "will" things to happen. I invisioned enough money to pay my bills and have a saving account. It took a few months, but here I am.
I had a dream last night that you were skinny...you weren't a 2 or anything but like a 12/14 and you were so super hot I was jealous. We were at church and I had the baby already, and I hadn't seen you in a while, so the door between the kitchen and the R.S. room opened and I was like who is that standing there...oh my gosh! It's Alison!!! It was wierd, but maybe a glimpse into the future.