BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Monday, June 22, 2009

Chimp Eden

I think I have a monkey in my house! I enjoy watching a program on Animal Planet, called "Escape to Chimp Eden", which chronicles the goings on of a chimp sanctuary in South Africa. I don't know what his exact position is called, but the host of the show is the guy who "runs" things (but is below the Director), & he often "talks" to the chimps in their "language" (grunts & hoots & calls & ways of breathing, etc.) Well, one time he was mentioning that chimpanzees have been found to be closer to humans than they were to primates. I won't say yea or nay on that, but I have found a slight resemblence between Brinley & the chimps on the show LOL She has been vocal for some time now, although not really saying "words" yet, but some of her favorite things to "do" now sound an awful lot like the vocalizations of a chimpanzee! I can't help but visualize the cute little infant chimps from the show as she curls her lips into a pursed oval & lets out an "oooooooooooooooo", an "oooo oooo oooo oooo", an "ohhhhhhhhhhhh" or an "eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee", hahahahaha! It's kind of hard to explain, but if someone saw the show they'd know exactly what I'm talking about. It's too bad my camcorder is on the fritz =( Me & media tools don't seem to be on speaking terms right now ;) Well, at least this will be funny to me LOL =)

0 comments: