BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Friday, July 3, 2009

My Newest Addition....

to the exercise regime, that is! I've been wanting to enjoy the park, but it stays soooooooooooooo hot till late evening & I really don't want to expose Brinley to that kind of heat so much.....so, I got a DVD set of "Zumba" to try, which is sort of like a "dance aerobics" with Latin dance moves/music. So far, it's been pretty fun because I have always wanted to learn how to merengue/salsa/etc anyways & this teaches you those basically =) I'm still on the Beginners DVD, but hope to get to the Advanced one soon since the Beginners one just isn't long enough! I end up doing it twice, which is kind of annoying, but it's only 18 min long & I really want to get the moves down pat before using the next one. There's 4 in all, Beginners, Advanced, Abs/Buns/Thighs, & Power/Rapido. It really makes you break a sweat, but to me, sweating is good! LOL Well, when exercising, that is! I don't even sweat as much walking around for an hour at the park in the heat, so that's saying something! Now, to get my body to look like the peoples' in the video....heh!

I also got some 5lb weights to work with, to try to do some strength training along with the cardio. Hopefully the combo will cause something to happen for me.....eye on the prize.....eye on the prize.....eye on the prize! I'm so tired of nothing happening for me =(

2 comments:

Christa said...

Thanks for bring the doppler to me, and I ment to say yesterday I can tell you've lost weight! I have some wrist strap thingys they are weighed if you want to borrow them, they came with my Turbo Jam I bought and hated.

Alison said...

No problem, like I said, I know exactly why you wanted to hear your baby & was happy to bring it =) I'm glad I appear to have lost weight b/c I sure can't tell LOL I need to get a new tape measure b/c Gabe got ahold of mine & cut it =( Thanks for offering the wrist thingys, may have to try them out if my dumbells don't do anything.