BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Bah for Exercise!!

Exercise, oh how I loathe thee! Exercise is evil, I say! But alas, a necessary evil.....woe to me! Today I wanted to see if I could accomplish something, so we went to a park with a nice nature trail that's 3/4 mile long. Run I did, for most of it (or should I say fast "shuffle" for most ;) ) until I reached the really big hill at the end of the trail, & dang that hill, it defeated me! Not completely, but mostly.....as in I had to quit my "shuffling" & go to a way out of breath slooooooooooow walk......but then! There is also a regular paved track on the other side of the park, that is 1/2 mile around, & Jerry wanted to see how fast he could run/jog/walk a mile (which my boo did in 9 minutes, wooooo!) I decided to run/jog/walk around there as well, & supposedly I did it in 11.5 minutes (although I don't see how, but J swears it's true!) What was most awesome about the whole ordeal is there were a few others out there in about the same shape as us, & every time one of us would pass by each other, there were words of encouragement which were so very very helpful to keep going.....one of the girls mentioned losing 53 lbs & her brother has lost 106 lbs! She walks/jogs 1.5 hours a day, & her brother walks/jogs 3 hours a day......I wish I was able to go to this park daily, but it's way up in Mint Hill (boo!) It sure would be nice to have that encouragement & someone to work out with like that. (Yes, there's Jerry, but we don't really have the opportunity to do this together =( )I'm really missing our old neighborhood right about now.....not only were we about 15 min away from this park, but we also lived on a circle that was so easy to go around & not have to worry about someone running over your kids, or dogs darting out from nowhere, or heck, if you got in trouble & needed help you would be easy to find & someone would spot you quickly, no matter what time you were out there (well, maybe not 4 am LOL).....our street now is so full of woods & neighbors who really couldn't give a rat's ass about you I am scared to be out there alone! That & you never know what kind of critters are going to make an appearance (& here lately there's been a few skunks in the area! P.U.! & for some reason alot of FAWNS, not does, not bucks, but BABY FAWNS!) Anyhoo, I'm rambling.....so now this will end.

I lied, as I have one more thing to say.....it stinks that every time we've had the opportunity to go to the park this week, about 30 min after we get there it storms! (not sprinkles or even just rains......STORMS with thunder & lightning =( ) It wouldn't be so bad if it was just rain, as none of us mind that (Brinley was even enjoying it when we got caught today), but we have to stop for the other junk (boo!) Really puts a damper on things......

Okay, now I am done.

2 comments:

Christa said...

The storms really have been bad lately. They just come out of nowhere too.
We have seen alot of twin fawns this year. I'm hoping another fawn will come make friends at our house this year, when the girls were just little babies a fawn came up and she licked the girls all over. They were just amazed by her, and she by them.
I miss you, we'll have to go do something together soon!

Alison said...

Awwww, now having a fawn come be friends would be so sweet! We def. do need to go do something, maybe when Jerry has time off & can keep at least the boys on my end LOL Have some girl time!