BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

I Am So Annoyed!!

So, the doc claims I have gestational diabetes b/c I failed my 1 hour GTT, and on my 3 hour GTT, the 1st hour was HORRIBLE (217!!).....although the 2nd hr (LOW 100-something, way less than the 130 cutoff) and the 3rd hr (67!!) were perfectly fine!! I went to the Diabetes Center yesterday to learn how to check my blood sugar & about the gest. diabetes diet. Guess what my blood levels have been so far.......75 an hour after lunch (which is low), 94 an hour after dinner (again normal low-ish), 96 upon waking (which is only 6 pts over goal), and 102 an hour after breakfast (again normal).......does this sound like gest diabetes to you?!?!? I haven't even eaten anything I wouldn't normally.....the frickin diet is not really anything different than I already eat/don't eat, the biggest diff is scheduling meals/snacks instead of eating whenever I felt like it. I REALLY hope I don't have to prick my finger 4 times a frickin day for the next 8-9 weeks! I honestly feel this is ridiculous =( I better not have to pay for any of this crap either! THAT will royally tick me off *grrrrr*

Can you tell I'm a hormonal mess? LOL

0 comments: